10 Facebook pages about design that you should be following
One of the things I like most about Facebook is that you can get exposed to tones of information, images and videos, but unlike TV and magazines, you get to carefully choose the content that interests you most.
If you read my earlier post about creating Interest lists of your favorite pages, then you know how easy it is to see only what you want to see in your news feed.
And now that you know how to create a list of your favorite pages, here is a list of 10 Facebook pages about DESIGN that you should be following:
1. Art & Design: This page collects designs in many fields, ranging from architecture to photography to product design, and it updates several times a day.
2. Design dautore: Collects beautiful designs and photography from around the world, and with a fan base of almost 900,000 followers, who are usually sharing inspiring work on the page’s wall.
3. Zillamag: Follow up on design trends and get inspired.
4. Design milk: Dedicated to modern art and design, I often find it one of the more inspiring pages.
5. Sketch-A-Day (and ID sketching): Designer and incredible sketch artist Spencer Nugent, shares a new sketch daily. Also, in his main page (ID sketching), Nugent has many great video tutorials about sketching.
6. Sketch my world: This page belongs to a young student named Cari, and features great articles about industrial design sketching.
7. Inspiration feed: At this page you can find many design inspirations, as well as resources and other useful information. It covers all fields of design, including graphic and interior design, as well as product design and architecture.
8. 1 design per day: This page updates a few time a day, with great design inspirations and products.
9. Design you trust: This page defines itself as a ‘design community’, and shares a mixed media of many inspiring images.
10. Trust me, i’m a “designer”: This page is just full of inspirations, and with a fan base of 365,000 followers, it is one of the biggest inspiration pages for design.
It is part of a network of a few other ‘Trust me’ pages, such as ‘Photographer’, ‘Traveler’, ‘Graphic designer' and 'Active person’. I recommend taking a peak at them all, as they are just pouring of inspiring images.
These pages are great to get inspiration from, get updated on design and industrial design in general, and practice your sketching and designing techniques: